Friday, April 11, 2008

Menopause The Musical - a must see

A few years back I went with Aimee, her mom, and her g-ma to go see this hilarious musical. We had such a great time! I enjoyed it so much that I went last night with a group of 20 women from church! Such a hoot! I'd love to plug in their silly logo for the musical - but once again, my computer illiteracy is showing thru... so anyone out there want to take some time to give me tutorial?? please... anyone... someone...

Anyway - here are the details for the musical in case any of you have opportunity to go: Menopause The Musical was launched on March 28, 2001 in Orlando, Florida. The location was a 76-seat theatre that used to be a perfume shop. The musical features four women busy shopping for lingerie at a Bloomingdale's sale. They sing 25 songs about loss of memory, nocturnal sweats, chocolate cravings, hot flashes, and sexual predicaments. This is all quite in sync with the title, and the lyrics parody popular music that era, which was the baby boomer era. Several local references are made in the show, and they are tailored to the location of the musical. One example of this is the 'Dubbo Housewife' in Australia, which is a 'Waikato housewife' in New Zealand. Also, America's Bloomingdale's becomes Smith & Caugheys in New Zealand.

2 comments:

kcaimee said...

Just got back from Oakley, KS with my sis. We were visiting our 97 year old great-aunt. Let's do a blog tutorial later this evening or tomorrow, "k"? What time is good for u?

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

I'll be back from church around 830p.. my time... if not tonight - then we'll try for tomorrow! what would I do w/o you? wink!