Monday, February 25, 2008

Inspiration from Books

Lately our family has lived thru many heartaches and trials. At the time of posting, I'm not at liberty to say much, other than what we've lived through, most people would never believe unless they lived it with us. During this time I have first turned to Yahweh for the cleft in the rock he provides, through prayer and fasting. Next, I turn to my hubby, my best friend. Of course other family members and close friends are beside us each step of the way. And I'm so grateful for them all! I am so blessed.

I have also found inspiration thru books. I love books. I've always loved books. I married a book lover too! My oldest got the gene, as well! It's a joke amongst us homeschoolers that in order to homeschool, you probably own 100 times more books than you own shoes and outfits combined.

I have taken refuge in reading of other's tragedies and learning how they have coped and survived and later thrived once again! These people have faced greater adversities compared to my own, IMO. So, if you find yourself in need of a getting your nose inside an inspiring book, here's what I recommend: Psalms, And the Violins Stopped Playing: the Gypsy Holocaust, The Hiding Place, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and Unveiled.

The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it. ~James Bryce

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Alright girl - we need to get some pictures on here! I need to see all of these water birthed babies!